Micro Gainz Dumbbell Fractional Weight Plates
- PlateMate Microload Pair - 2 1/2 lb. Magnetic Donut Weights - $56.95
- Bells of Steel Cast Iron Fractional Olympic Weight Plates Set - $29.99
- CAP Barbell The Beast - $118.60
- Armored Lion Olympic Fractional Weight Plate & Barbell Collar Set - $34.99
- Micro Gainz Calibrated Fractional Weight Plate Set for Olympic Barbells - $62.99
Just like a pound here and a pound there with food and booze leads to pants that don't fit, a pound here and a pound with Micro Gainz Micro Plates leads to shirts that don't fit. Because your bulging biceps are about to pop right out of them, Hulk-style.
Micro Gainz makes fractional weight plates for dumbbells (plus kettlebells and barbells). They range from 1 to 2.5 pounds each, and clamp onto the grips of existing weights to help you build strength and break plateaus at a more measured pace than standard dumbbell jumps. Micro Plates also, according to Micro Gainz, can help you reduce by half the number of dumbbells you need to stock in your home gym.
Micro Plates have an internal spring system that holds them in place, and allows some adjustability, so they will attach to the handles of most dumbbell models. One-pound plates are just 0.25" and 2.5-pound plates just 0.6" thick, so there should still be plenty of room for your hands to grip your dumbbells, even if you attach a plate on both ends.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.