The Movie Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained)
- The History Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained) - $16.08
- The Philosophy Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained) - $15.24
- Sh*t Rough Drafts: Pop Culture's Favorite Books, Movies, and TV Shows as They Might Have Been - $11.29
- Criminology Goes to the Movies: Crime Theory and Popular Culture - $24.53
- The Literature Book (Big Ideas Simply Explained) - $17.14
Apparently, DK writes a whole series of books on Big Ideas Simply Explained, but The Movie Book is by far the most interesting. The others are about boring things like Shakespeare, philosophy, and...ugh...politics. The only thing I really want to know about politics is which politician I need to call to get out of Jury Duty this week. I think I have a legit unnecessary hardship case, given that my being gone will not only affect my job, but also the ten
s of millions of you who rely on my posts to help pass the time you're supposed to be doing yours.
But back to books, and books about movies. The Movie Book contains quick and dirty profiles of 100 of the best movies ever made. Two-page spreads cover genres ranging from classic 1930s film noir and Hollywood romance, to international art-house flicks and 21-century sci-fi, to timeless masterpieces, such as Casablanca and Lawrence of Arabia. Naturally, the best parts about flipping through The Movie Book will be: taking in its images, graphics, and straightforward discourse on each film; and getting really pissed off about some if its inclusions and omissions.
DudeIWantThat.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.