Censored Spines: Literary Kindling
- Animal Farm - $12.56
- Slaughterhouse-Five: The Graphic Novel - $17.69
- The Satanic Verses: A Novel - $14.79
- Ulysses - $25.99
- The Catcher in the Rye - $12.78
Don't worry, Karen, this is just Volume I of Censored Spines: Literary Kindling. I'm sure RethinkTANK will come out with many, many more editions featuring the banned likes of The Bluest Eye, Out of Darkness, All Boys Aren't Blue, and 50 Shades of Grey.
What? 50 Shades of Grey gets a pass? As long as there's a sticker added to its cover designating it as mature reading appropriate only for middle-aged women and their book clubs? Oh, OK, then.
Censored Spines: Literary Kindling is RethinkTANK's charming take on book burning. An activity, coincidentally, I never woulda thought could have a charming take. Volume I includes cedar kindling sticks engraved with titles from the first editions of 6 of the 20th century's most notoriously censored (and presumably burned) books. They include:
- Ulysses by James Joyce, published 1922.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell, published 1945.
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger, published 1951.
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, published 1955.
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, published 1969.
- The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie, published 1988.